MARK S. ROYSTER
Mark's areas of practice include commerical, farming and residential real estate; business law; estate planning, probate and administration. In his real estate practice Mark works with businesses, farmers, and developers in commercial closings. He has advised local, regional and national clients regarding the acquisition of property in Surry and Stokes Counties. Mark performs residential closings for indviduals in Surry, Stokes and Forsyth Counties. He counsels individuals, farmers and small businesses regarding incorporation and the protections related thereto. This includes operating as an LLC or Corporation under North Carolina law. In his estate planning, probate and administration practice Mark prepares wills and powers of attorney and works to provide clients with an estate plan most suitable to their individual needs.
He is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association's Real Property, Business Law, and Estate Planning sections.
Mark graduated from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill in 1999 receiving a Bacherlor's Degree in Political Science. After graduating from UNC, he attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Law on a Dean's Scholarship, receiving his law degree in 2004. Mark is licensed to practice in North Carolina.
Outside of the office Mark enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, the outdoors, and reading. Mark serves as the President of the Pilot Mountain Civic Club.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Business/Corporate Law
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- North Carolina, 2012
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: Dean's Scholarship
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- B.A. - 1999
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star (2008, 2010)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Surry County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Marshall, Dennehey, Warner, Coleman and Goggin, Associate, 2004 to 2012
Pro Bono Activities
- Pilot Mountain Civic Club - President
- United Fund of Surry - Board of Directors